The numbers don’t lie. From us to you comes this cheat sheet of lead generation statistics that you can use to inform your business strategy for the coming year.
1. 50% of marketers consider lead generation a top priority in their marketing campaigns (Source)
It’s clear that most people are looking for the same thing: qualified leads. Investing in a digital marketing campaign can be motivated by a number of things, such as increasing brand awareness or brand reputation, positioning yourself as a thought leader, or entering a new market. But these motivations are all moving towards the same thing: increased B2B lead generation.
2. Organizations generate 1,877 leads per month on average (Source)
Only 80% of the 1,877 leads are actually qualified and will move further into an organization’s sales funnel. More concerning is that 12% of marketers report that they don’t know how many leads they are generating each month. Don’t disadvantage yourself by foregoing simple data collection and analytics as it can make or break your digital marketing campaign.
3. The mean cost per lead across all industries is $198.44 (Source)
This figure differs based on the industry your organization operates within but take this number as a lesson that B2B lead generation can necessitate a significant investment. Digital marketing campaigns can demand high prices, as they target various demographics and channels tailored to your products and services.
4. Generating more leads is the top priority for marketers over the next year (Source)
Ultimately, the ability to attract qualified leads is the most important factor of any continued business operation. Even if your products and services are unparalleled in terms of quality, pricing, and functionality, if no one knows they exist your business will not thrive.
5. 39.5% of marketers believe having access to more accurate data could improve their marketing efforts (Source)
Make. Informed. Decisions. Eliminate guesswork from your success strategy by incorporating analytics tracking. Did your newsletter perform well? Don’t assume it did or didn’t solely based on qualitative feedback. Track delivery rates, open rates, click-through rates, and so on to get the clearest possible picture of your digital marketing campaign’s performance.
6. Attracting quality leads is content marketers’ biggest challenge (Source)
Content is king, but not every lead is worthwhile. A deeper understanding of your target demographics and your own goals is necessary to ensure your digital marketing campaign regularly attracts qualified leads.
7. 97% of people ignore cold calls (Source)
Don’t take this stat to mean cold calls have no place in modern marketing campaigns. Cold calls can be an important aspect of nurturing leads and moving them into the sales funnel where they can be targeted by other outreach methods.
8. Less than one-fifth of marketers think outbound practices provide valuable leads. (Source)
Inbound content marketing has exploded in recent years, and this has warped B2B lead generation strategies around it. Outbound marketing can still provide excellent results, if you choose to work with an agency that understands how to reach your target demographics effectively.
9. 76% of content marketers use content to generate leads (Source)
Yep, content is still king. Any digital marketing campaign worth its salt is engaging in content marketing, to boost B2B lead generation, brand reputation, and brand awareness.
10. Content marketing drives 3X more leads than traditional marketing. (Source)
Seriously, content marketing is worth it. Don’t take it from us, just look around and see how much content is being pushed on all manner of platforms on a daily basis. The value in pushing brand awareness to consumers cannot be understated.
11. Content marketing is most valuable when it targets leads in the early stages of the buyer’s journey (Source)
Content marketing efforts do better early on, when leads may not be aware of your brand or its offerings on the market. It may be more beneficial to focus on content marketing earlier in your digital campaign, and then retarget leads later in your sales funnel with different forms of marketing.
12. Podcasts, blog posts and videos are the top three content types for generated awareness and demand (Source)
We think it’s best to stick to what works. Between these three forms of content, at least one will resonate with your target demographics, and then bespoke content can be crafted and integrated into your digital marketing campaign to boost B2B lead generation and brand awareness.
13. 70% of B2B marketers think video content helps leads convert. (Source)
In the modern era, video is one of the most consumed forms of content. It is also an incredibly effective medium for conveying value and information to wide audiences quickly. High-quality marketing videos could be the push your leads need to enter your sales funnel.
14. Marketers with blogs are 13x as likely to drive positive ROIs (Source)
Don’t get left behind by neglecting a company blog. This is an essential aspect of any digital marketing campaign engaging with content marketing. Boosting ROI through increased B2B lead generation is a no-brainer.
15. Effective blog headlines drive 500% more traffic (Source)
To get the most out of your content marketing efforts, make sure any blog posts you publish have attention-grabbing headlines. Effective headlines can boost clicks, and therefore page traffic, by as much as 500%.
16. B2B blogs with educational content get 52% more organic traffic than B2B blogs with company-focused content. (Source)
People aren’t stupid, and will see right through blatant, self-centered promotional content or information that is just not interesting to them. Consumers want to hear about how your company will make their lives easier. It’s that simple.
17. 59% of marketers say that content marketing is the most challenging lead nurturing strategy. (Source)
While content marketing is a lucrative aspect of a well-executed digital marketing campaign, crafting appropriate, high-quality content is a challenge and needs a dedicated and experienced team behind it to make things work.
18. 1 in 3 landing page visitors on a recruitment-oriented landing page convert when a clear CTA is present in the header. (Source)
Be clear in how you want to direct customers on your website. If a potential lead lands on your site, and is interested in your company, make their next step clear and easy to follow. If the first thing they see is an actionable item, they are more likely to convert.
19. Leads are 9x more likely to convert when businesses follow-up within 5 minutes (Source)
Work fast. Attention spans of modern audiences are constantly fought over, and your presence may be overwritten as quickly as it was noticed. In whatever way you can, stick in the mind of the consumer, through email retargeting, chat bot prompts on your site, or just incredibly fast response times to customer outreach.
20. Outsourcing lead generation beats handling it in house (Source)
Focus on your product, and your own marketing efforts. Let professional agencies, like 360 Leads, handle B2B lead generation for your organization. Specialists will take your investment further and yield greater results.
21. 66% of marketers generate leads from social media after spending only six hours per week on social marketing (Source)
A little time investment can go a long way. As long as you have spent some time crafting a bulletproof social media strategy, a few hours a week spent on execution can yield excellent results.
22. 56% of leads aren’t ready to buy yet. (Source)
You may not catch a qualified lead right as they’re making a business or purchase decision. That’s fine. Sometimes, building awareness in the mind of consumers is just as valuable, as they will keep your business in mind when it comes time to make a purchase.
23. 36% increase in more qualified applicants for skilled trade positions when using a customer marketing-oriented landing page and market entry strategy. (Source)
When customers are presented with material that is clearly tailored to their situation, pain points, and interests, they notice it. This contributes to increased B2B lead generation, and also results in more qualified leads overall. If material resonates with an audience, it will always be more effective.
24. Using consumer marketing techniques yields 6X faster talent recruitment compared to traditional ads and recruitment channels. (Source)
By treating your recruitment opportunity as a product, you can engage in a more effective digital marketing campaign. Target your demographic with landing pages and copy that sells them on the job and your company.
And that’s that! Hopefully, you can make use of these insights to craft a killer strategy that will get you the business you deserve. If you need help with a lead generation campaign, don’t hesitate to reach out to our expert team and start seeing the success you’ve been looking for!