Your next customer is only a call away. That is, if you or your lead generation company telesales team picks up the phone.
Needless to say, because of this, telemarketing or telesales gets a bad rep; those poorly-scripted calls are made in the hundreds if not thousands, from disengaged people focused on quantity and not quality. It’s a negative stereotype that’s hard to shake, but as a sales lead generation company who prides itself in the outbound calling campaigns we’ve successfully accomplished for our clients, we’ll put a hard stop on that right here.
Just check out these numbers:
- The best performing sales lead generation channel by 44.7% was outbound telemarketing for top performing companies as found by The Black Report.
- Another report found that 70% of B2B sales come from human interaction – 56% of these sales came from telemarketing.
- B2B telemarketing is different than B2C telemarketing – The State of Inbound Marketing report found that B2B companies get twice as many leads from telemarketing than B2C companies.
- The most annoying type of advertising at home was deemed telesales while at work it is deemed the LEAST annoying and favourable option.
How do you get telesales to work for your business?
- Who are your B2B sales targets? Review your data and ditch the quantity over quality stereotype. Do the research and know which verticals, locations, job titles and companies matter most to you. Do the people you’re calling have the capabilities to onboard what you’re offering? Doing the upfront thinking before your outbound calling campaign will help set the right targets.
- What is the purpose of the lead generation company telesales campaign or call? You can’t have your eye on the prize if you don’t know what the prize looks like. Whether you are selling a product, booking a qualified sales meeting or providing a service know the purpose and focused objective of the call. Even if your prospect isn’t interested, this gives you information to refocus your efforts elsewhere. Every call, whether you book a meeting or not provides immediate feedback.
- Are you listening? While the right script can propel your phone call from good to great, it’s essential to listen for an understanding of your prospect’s needs rather than just listening for the sake of responding. Don’t get wrapped up in your pitch and don’t go into automatic – the call should be a genuine, two-way conversation as this is the start of building and nurturing customer relationships.
It takes a positive, enthusiastic and master communicator to bridge the relationship between you and your prospective leads – we’re lucky to work with a few on the 360 Leads team.
Until then, turn the negative telemarketing perceptions on their heads with these three easy sales leads tips and your marketing and sales may see a positive return. We can help make that next great phone call for you, simply give us a shout.