360 Leads' Services
Outbound Marketing, Digital Marketing & Direct Marketing
TOSHIBA CANADA PIVOTS MARKETING TO B2B LEAD GENERATION STRATEGY
Toshiba of Canada Limited is a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, one of the world’s leading diversified electronics manufacturers. They are a digital technology leader with a wide range of products and solutions for Canadian businesses.
Toshiba was exiting the Canadian consumer electronics sector due to changes in the marketplace. The company was tasked with pivoting its business direction and becoming solely a B2B focused company. Toshiba has long been known for their consumer laptops but awareness of their business notebook line was weak in Canada, relative to its competition.
Global pressure to sell more business laptops and other digital products was extraordinary. Our job was to help Toshiba secure new business accounts, with our primary objective to secure qualified B2B sales meetings with major corporate IT buyers. We had a secondary objective of launching the Toshiba Portégé in Canada, supporting brand switch from market-leaders including: HP, Lenovo and Dell.
We set about our goal by planning the campaign based on our usual process. Key determinations included:
- Establishing a campaign insight to inform creative decisions
- Establishing target accounts/verticals/buyer profile, etc.
- Determining the channel strategy to support brand profile for a new product introduction, inbound sales leads and outbound outreach
- Determining specific and quantifiable goals for sales meetings, CTR, impressions and CPL
Multiple B2B lead generation campaigns comprised multi-flight direct marketing with different creative applicable to various B2B buyer personas, digital advertising executions on IT media and mainstream digital media including LinkedIn. These were all delivered by our in-house outbound telesales team, digital marketing, creative services and content marketing teams.
Multi Flight Direct Marketing Drives Recall
Garnering attention with IT buyers is challenging. A sense of humor and the right marketing insights, drove over 70% recall across multiple verticals and set-up for more successful lead generation results than would have been accomplished without direct marketing.
Coffee Mug Makes IT Guy a Hero
This coffee mug was available to IT prospects (#1 IT Guy, #1 IT Gal) who engaged with our LinkedIn campaign. The mug helped drive conversion on 7% of total Sales Qualified Leads (SQL) across the broader campaign. The mug leveraged on the insight of recognizing the IT professional as the office hero.
What does LinkedIn have to say about how 360 Leads runs linkedIn lead generation campaigns?
Find out how LinkedIn played a role in our B2B sales lead generation campaigns for Toshiba. LinkedIn developed its own case study about our work in generating Sales Qualified Leads (SQL). You’ll learn about:
- the insights that drove our creative strategy
- which LinkedIn advertising products we utilized
- how the various LinkedIn lead generation products performed
The FREE download also includes insights on lead generation using LinkedIn and highlights some of the creative assets.
- Hundreds (and hundreds) of meetings and opportunities to quote were secured for Toshiba, some for small sized deals and others needing 3,000 units or more.
- The campaigns exceeded Toshiba’s goals, drove CTR well above established benchmarks and one digital lead generation campaign subset of the overall B2B lead generation campaign has become a case study being shown by LinkedIn as a best-practice example of how to use their product. Read the Case Study published by LinkedIn.
Recall on Direct Marketing
Less Investment Than Planned
Average CTR on Digital Display Ads
Vice President Marketing, Toshiba of Canada
“Since we weren’t top of mind with this audience, we had to engage them with a fresh approach, and also educate them on the advantages of our notebooks.”